Monday 26 August 2013

Alex is One!


Hello! Today I will share with you the party decoration I made for the first birthday of my (baby) boy Alex. I used papers from Pebbles to make banners, garland, cutlery wraps and more and Martha Stewart paints and stencils for the improvised cake stand and the cups.

Here come the details: 


I painted an old metal bottle case with Martha Stewart Pool paint and decorated it with a banner made from the Pebbles papers. It turned out quite well and the best part is that it's now still in use serving as a flower stand :).


I wrapped the cutlery in napkins and decorated them with some paper and ribbons. To place the forks and spoons, I used a small IKEA pot dressed up just with a paper circle.



I added another banner on which I stamped Alex's name.

 


Using a Martha Stewart stencil and Pool paint, I made these adorable small cups to go with my star theme and match the cake.


I got the cups ready-made and filled them with M&Ms.


Some food toppers (actually I made more, some of them bigger and with stars again, but in all the hassle I forgot to use them :).



I used most of the papers to make this paper garland. It's pretty easy to make (provided you have a sewing machine and can use it, which I definitely cannot, so special thanks to my mom for doing it for me!)


It's really pretty when it spins in the wind!


Next are some other party details.

The beautiful flowers I got from my sister and a neighbour:


 The "ice cream stand" which was the most eagerly anticipated by the kids:


The custom-made cookies:
 

 And last but not least the happy birthday boy!

 

I hope these ideas have inspired you to create your own birthday party. It's lots of fun, I promise :).

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment